Which Type of Protein is Better for Our Kidneys?
DESCRIPTION: Anti-inflammatory drugs abolish the hyperfiltration and protein leakage response to meat ingestion, suggesting that animal protein causes kidney stress through an inflammatory mechanism.
This is part of an extended new series of videos
on kidney health by Dr. Greger
• Preventing Kidney Failure through Diet http://nutritionfacts.org/video/preventing-kidney-failure-through-diet/
• Can Diet Protect against Kidney Cancer?
I’ve compared plant and animal protein in a variety of ways. See, for example,
• Methionine Restriction as a Life Extension Strategy
• Prostate Cancer Survival: The A/V Ratio
• Caloric Restriction vs. Animal Protein Restriction http://nutritionfacts.org/video/caloric-restriction-vs-animal-protein-restriction/
And perhaps the most dramatic demonstration was the new study I featured in my latest live annual presentation Food as Medicine: Preventing and Treating the Most Dreaded Diseases with Diet
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section and he'll try to answer it!