Parsley has 3.7 mg of iron in a cup.
Come and get it Smoothie Lovers!
Frozen Kale and Spinach for Smoothies and getting IRON
Kale and Spinach are two incredibly potent superfoods that are the key ingredients in making smoothies actually healthy and worthwhile.
However, it’s not always the easiest thing to do to keep several pounds of fresh live greens in the refrigerator.
Our clients and friends often ask us if eating frozen green is as healthy as eating live, fresh greens.
Ok… the short answer is no.
It’s not as healthy to eat frozen foods as it is fresh, live leafy greens.
That said, however, the loss is not enough to not do it.
Meaning this: get greens into your life. If all you can do is frozen, fine. Just get them in.
The pecking order, if you will goes something like this:
1 being the healthiest and 8 being least healthy.
- Fresh, Whole Foods in their Raw, Fully-Hydrated, Living State. (Obviously Live Fruits, Leafy Greens & Veggies)
- Frozen (Fruits, Leafy Greens & Veggies)
- Dehydrated under 120º (Fruits, Leafy Greens & Veggies)
- Canned (Fruits, Leafy Greens & Veggies)
- Cooked (Fruits, Leafy Greens & Veggies)
- Cooked, Processed foods such as crackers, chips, pasta, breads, flour,
- Cooked Dead, Decaying Flesh.
- Heavily Processed and cooked items such as milk, cheese, yogurt, other bodily fluids, sugar, chemicals, artificial sugars, (highest level of acid-state-producing ingredients, highest level of hormone-affecting chemicals, neurotoxins, heavy metals in the feed, poisonous
The solution, is to create frozen green-superfood-infused frozen cubes that can be added to any of your smoothie recipe to add in a quick nutrition boost (and to get the added benefit of a colder smoothie!!). Since the green smoothie cubes can be stored for a long period of time without losing the nutritional value of the Kale and Spinach, your smoothie ingredient dollars will hopefully go a lot further!
Here’s what you’ll need:
– Fresh Kale and Spinach (preferably organic)
– An Ice Cube Tray or Non-stick muffin trays
– A Few Freezer bags
– (Optionally) A green superfood booster product such as Vega or Sun Warrior Supergreens, etc
Follow these 12 Easy Steps:
1. Purchase a bundle each of Kale and Spinach (organic if you able to afford it). If you want, you can add in some additional greens such as Beet Greens or Arugula.
2. De-stem the Kale and Spinach and wash the leaves thoroughly.
3. (Optionally) Add in a Green Superfood Powder such as Sun Warrior Ormus Supergreens
4. Place all the leaves in your blender
5. Fill with 2 cups of water for your liquid (or coconut water, green tea, or fresh squeezed veggie juice)
6. Blend all the materials until it becomes a smooth pulp.
7. Pour into your ice cube tray or non-stick muffin trays.
8. Place into freezer; Freeze until solid.
9. Pop out each of the green smoothie pucks/cubes (use a table knife if they are stuck)
10. Put the green cubes into the freezer bag and seal.
11. Place the sealed bag back into the freezer for storage
12. Whenever you feel like an organic green super-food boost, simply throw in 1-3 of these frozen green smoothie cubes into your favourite smoothie recipe.
Enjoy naked with a friend
If you need help with your website we’ve found these guys to be invaluable:
Check out OnlineJobs.ph!